CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 08, 2008

I am losing my sympathy...

I am losing my sympathy for the squirrels. I used to feel so sad for them when I saw little squirrel bodies on the side of the road. At least, I felt sad until I began encountering the little suicidal/daredevil squirrels more frequently myself.

I brake for squirrels and other animals, always have. I don't want to hurt them, kill them, or even frighten the little things. But it is damn hard not to when they dart right out in front of your car.

Once again this morning, a little kamikaze squirrel ran in front of my car. When I stopped, he froze. When I started to ease around him, he again darted right in front of my car. I'm sure I heard him singing that Cowboy Troy song 'I Played Chicken With the Train'! LOL

Are these squirrels who are just tired of living? Are they little thrill-seeker squirrels? Or is this some squirrel gang initiation rite they must pass before they make it into the gang?

Or is my imagination running away with me again? LOL

Jennifer Ray
http://www.jenaray.com
http://www.wildonbooks.com

0 comments: