CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Wine & Rumours

For years I’ve meant to stop in this little wine and art bar not far from my office. Today I visited the website for Rumours Wine & Art Bar and found that they happen to have a wine tasting every other Wednesday night. Now wouldn’t you just know that tonight happened to be one of those tastings! J So of course I took that as a sign that I had to go…

The wine tasting was from 5-8 and I arrived about 5:30pm. Tonight they had a selection of four of their favorite winter red wines. Red just happens to be my favorite for wine.

I was greeted by no less than three of their employees almost immediately upon entering the building. I was also welcomed by the wine distributor who was there to serve the wine and talk about the different vintages in detail.

I have to say, I loved the atmosphere and the welcome. Everyone was so friendly and warm, both employees and customers. It’s the kind of place where no one really feels like a complete stranger. The building is tiny from the outside, but inside it simply feels intimate. Very nice.

For such a small place, they boast a very nice, extensive wine selection. I’m definitely going to have to go back with a friend soon so I can try some of the interesting selections that are only offered by the bottle. I love wine, but drinking a whole bottle by myself isn’t really an option… They have a lot of wines by the glass, though, so a customer like me isn’t out of luck. And of course if you go on the evening of a wine tasting, even better. The tastings run approximately $20 and you get about a third of a glass of four different wines to taste. Once you’ve completed the fleet of wines offered in the tasting, you get a full glass of your favorite from the offerings.

I met some really nice people there, both customer and employees and can’t wait to go back soon! Even if it weren’t for the company, I would go back just for the food and the wine. They have a small but interesting menu, and have daily specials. Although the regular menu had several intriguing items, I opted for the pork dish on the specials menu today. It was tender, with just the right hint of spice, and was served atop a square of potato gratin (thinly sliced potatoes baked with parmesan cheese, I think), asparagus, and a green salad made with mesclun mix – my favorite salad green. The foog tasted amazing.

The service was fabulous and attentive long after the warm welcome and I could have stayed all night, except I had to drive home and I have an early morning staff meeting at work tomorrow. Dangit. I will definitely be back for another wine tasting at Rumours Wine & Art Bar soon, though!

Rumours Wine & Art Bar has two locations in the Nashville area – the one I visited on 12th Avenue this evening and another in East Nashville on Woodland Street. Check their website for hours of operation and complete addresses. Oh, and don’t forget to sign up for their newsletter! Website: http://www.rumourswinebar.com/

4 comments:

Double Edge razor said...

Hi – It’s good to read such interesting stuff on
the Internet as I have been able to discover here.
I agree with much of what is written here and I’ll be
coming back to this website again. Thanks again for posting such
great reading material!!



Supplements said...

Supplements
Hi nice Post written by you guys. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. Thank a ton for such a nice post.

it outsourcing said...

Small businesses can count on us for IT Support, Cloud Solutions and IT Outsourcing. We always try to provide reliable, responsive IT help and cloud solutions in Manhattan with a personalized touch that can cost effectively.
it outsourcing

red pepper iphone case said...

Redpepper waterproof cases... Check out the coolest iphone cases including waterproof iPhone cases like Red Pepper cell cases covers, waterproof iphone case for iphone 5, waterproof iphone cases Otterbox, redpepper case galaxy s4.

red pepper iphone case